There are some days where you crave for something nice for breakfast but don’t have so much time to make something sophisticated. For those days here is a easy receipe for a quick whole toast tomato mozzarella sandwich made directly in a pan and you don’t need a fancy sandwich maker for it.
These ingredients are for almost 5 sandwiches but you can increase or decrease the amount as per the taste.
- 10 whole wheat toast bread slices
- 10 cherry tomatos
- 125 gm Mozzarella
- Some Ghee, butter or oil of your choice
- Basil leaves (optional)
- Black pepper
- Wash the tomatos and basil and the cut the mozzarella in thin slices. Cut the cherry tomatos in two halves.
- On one side of the toast slice, put 4 halves of cherry tomatoes, 2 slices of mozzarella and two Basil leaves.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the top as per your taste.
- Place another toast slice on top.
- Prepare all the sandwiches following the above steps.
- Now heat up some ghee/butter/oil in a non-stick pan (you will only need few drops of it), and once its hot put the sandwich in the pan.
- Let it toast from one side until it becomes golden brown. Don’t let it burn.
- Now flip it around, add few more drops of ghee/butter/oil and toast it from other side as well.
- Repeat the same process for all the sandwiches and voila your hot yummy breakfast is ready.
- You can replace cherry tomato with normal tomato if you don’t have cherry tomatoes handy.
- While toasting it in a pan, press the sandwich with a spatula so that it sticks all together and gets a good shape.
- These sandwiches taste best warm so don’t let them cool down so much.
Leave a Reply