I am starting to compile a list of common stuff which I make at home for reference purposes for people whom I love very much and who are in desperate need of these step by step guides, when I am not around.
What do you need:
- Milk (higher the fat content the better) I am using 1.5 liters pack from Landliebe with 3.8% fat
2. Lemon juice (for 1.5 liters I used 3.5-4 table spoons)
It is really easy to make the cottage cheese. If you have normal heating plates like me, you just need quite a lot of patience to boil the milk but if you are the lucky one with gas based stoves, it should be a cake walk for you.
- Step 1: pour the milk in a big enough pot and put on heat and let it boil. Once in a while, use a spatula to shift the milk so that it doesn’t burn at the bottom.
- Wait until the milk is hot enough and is just about to get boiling. You will notice that the milk starts rising. Then it’s the time to take it off the heat and proceed to the next step.
- If you are using freshly squeezed lemon juice, squeeze it before hand and keep it aside. You are going to need almost 4 tablespoons of it. Now put the lemon inside the pot and start mixing with the spatula. You will soon see that the water starts separating from the cottage cheese.
- Now you will need a really thin cloth to separate the cottage cheese from water but I am sure this step you will figure out.
- And the cottage cheese is already ready. If you want to use it for Indian style curries, try to remove as much water as you can and put it in freezer for few hours and it will be ready to be sliced in nice cube shape.
I hope you will enjoy the cottage cheese. Let me know about your experiences in the comments below. Happy cooking.Follow us on social media: